Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American brings the superstar experience to their rooms with PPDS
One of the most iconic names in the world, Hard Rock International pays tribute to the legends and superstars of rock. With hotel and café venues in the most frequented cities across the globe, each establishment blends the spirit of its location with Hard Rock’s signature collection of vibrant music memorabilia. And in the Netherlands, the local Hard Rock Hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam. Owned and operated by none other than the legendary Dutch group, Eden Hotels, the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American brings 4-star luxury to a heritage listed Art Nouveau monument. With 173 luxurious guest rooms of which 14 are Junior Suites and one Rock Star Suite, it’s one of the most visited Hard Rock establishments in the world.
Rooted in the spirit of music, the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American delivers an uncompromised rockstar experience for each of its guests. It’s nestled amongst Amsterdam’s most iconic music venues and bars in Leidseplein to deliver an authentic representation of the brand’s mission. Being based in a historic venue built in 1900, the hotel underwent a recent refurbishment to bring modern luxuries to its rooms. With the rise of in-room entertainment usage, the hotel needed a stateof-the-art AV solution to match its high standards in luxury. The solution also needed to be versatile to work flawlessly with the existing Nonius global middleware system so that guests can enjoy a consistent Hard Rock Hotel experience.
In a world first, Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American and Nonius partnered with PPDS for a tailor-made Philips displays solution. Together, 181 interactive Philips MediaSuite 4K displays were installed throughout the hotel’s guest rooms and common areas. To create a home away from home feeling, each in-room display greets its guest with a personalised welcome message accompanied by curated music tailored to their genre preference. The intelligent display features were brought to life via the Nonius global system—enabling guests to enjoy interactive guitar and yoga lessons, as well as Hard Rock’s exclusive record player program. The displays also allow guests to view their current invoices, book amenities, and make room service requests for efficient and safe interactions with the hotel staff. For added convenience, the display language can also be changed to accommodate guest requirements. With Netflix and Chromecast built-in, guests can enjoy likehome luxuries during their stay by instantly casting their favourite content to the big screen from their personal devices. Not only did this bring greater convenience to the guests, but it also circumvented any theft possibilities of external connectivity devices. As a result of this collaboration, both the guest and staff experience significantly improved—taking the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American establishment to a new legendary status.
- Netflix: Integrated Netflix enables intuitive wireless connectivity from guest devices to the big screen. Guest login credentials are also automatically cleared upon check out.
- Chromecast built-in: Guests can stream their personal content to the big screen without extra hardware or software configurations, ensuring easy streaming and absolute device security.
- Global system connectivity: Full compatibility with Hard Rock’s Nonius middleware software ensures easy installation and consistency in guest room features.
- Dynamic information: Guests are greeted with custom messaging and music, and can use the displays to view their hotel invoice and city information.
- Interactive features: Room service and amenities can be booked digitally via the multi-language displays to improve efficiency and safety. The displays can also be used for interactive features including guitar program Picks®, Record player program Wax®, and Tracks® playlists.